Engineering at Hagley Catholic High School
Preparing students for life in a Technological society.
The aim of this course is to allow students to study engineering and its relationship to manufacturing, and develop an understanding of the engineering environment and culture.
Awarding body: Edexcel. AS Y12 Engineering Materials Exam. AS Y12 The Role of the Engineer Portfolio. AS Y12 Principals of Design Portfolio. A2 Y13 Applied Systems Exam. A2 Y13 The Engineering Environment Portfolio. A2 Y13 Applied Design Planning and Prototyping Portfolio
GCSE grade A*- B in Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Systems and Control or Electronic Products or any other Design and Technology subject AND GCSE Maths grade A*- C. A grade or an interest in Engineering or A*-B in
a contributory subject such as ICT or Art.
Resources and Facilities
• Well equipped Engineering workshop
• CAD/CAM room including industrial standard 3 Axis machines and laser cutter and a rapid prototyper
• Accredited Prodesktop/Solidworks course taught by qualified staff.
Teaching and learning styles
Involve a combination of theory, case study and practical portfolio assignments. This engineering course allows for the following types of activity:-
• Working on your own or part of a team
• Doing short projects or longer assignments
• Using ICT to research
• Looking at processes and products in local companies
• Planning presentations
• Designing products and manufacturing products
This course will prepare students for life in a technological society, whilst giving an insight into the engineering industries in the 21st century. Students from this
A-level have progressed onto Industrial, Product or
3D Design courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hagley Catholic High School directly.