Art and Design AS/A2 Level at Nicholas Hamond Academy
This course is designed to introduce the students to a large variety of practical approaches and experimentations in order for students to work independently on a guided project culminating in an area of personal interest.
Students are required to produce a large portfolio of experiments, analysis and developments in a given theme in order to present a personalised conclusion executed with skill.
- Media Experimentation and exploration on a given theme.
- Analysis and artist research and response work
- Self directed development with facilitator support to achieve results with reference to project title and cultural understanding.
- Exam: Externally provided theme; teacher guided assistance for personal development to final resolution.
- As in year 1, inclusive of 3,000 word personal study on selected them of study.
- Exam as in year 1 with greater developmental evidence.
C or above in Art at GCSE level. (Design courses, Media, photography and textiles GCSE’s at C and above considered by portfolio of evidence)
60% coursework consisting of a portfolio of evidence (practical and theoretical studies.)
40% Exam – Exam board provides a title and students have to create a portfolio and plan and execute a final piece.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nicholas Hamond Academy directly.