Business Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma (90 Credit Diploma) at Hertford Regional College
BTEC Nationals in Business use a combination of assessment styles to give learners the confidence they can apply and knowledge to succeed in the workplace. This range of vocational assessments - both practical and written - means students can showcase their learning and skills to best effect when they take their next step, whether that's supporting applications to higher education courses or to potential employers.
The seven mandatory units are:
1. Exploring Business
2. Developing a Marketing Campaign
3. Personal and Business Finance
4. Managing an Event
5. International Business
6. Principles of Management
7. Business Decision Making
Plus any of the following optional units:
1. Recruitment and Selection Process
2. Management Accounting
3. Investigating Retail Business
4. Visual Merchandising
5. Creative Promotion
6. The English Legal System
7. The Aspects of Civil Law affectin
- At least 200 GCSE entry points with English and maths at Grade C or above or
- A Merit BTEC Level 2 Diploma with GCSE English and maths at Grade C or above or
- A Merit BTEC Level 2 Diploma with Functional Skills in English and maths at Level 2.
Assessment is continuous throughout the year course. You will be assessed on different assignment tasks and a written exam.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Progress to Higher Education at HRC with Foundation Degrees.
- Progress to a Degree course in e.g. Accounting, Business, Law,Finance, Marketing and HR
- Employment in the business sector
- Progress to an apprenticeship
You will have the chance to take part in additional activities, including sport. You will need to re-sit GCSE English and/or Maths if you have a grade D.
What will I need?
BTEC Business Level 3 books (1 and 2) and USB memory stick.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.