Vehicle Technology IMI Diploma Level 1 at City of Wolverhampton College
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about the motor vehicle industry
- Gain an understanding of the principles and procedures for carrying out basic vehicle checks and repairs
- Improve your skills in vehicle valeting
- Learn the basic principles of vehicle construction
- Find out how engines and components operate
- Learn about maintenance and the use of tools
- Gain skills in the removal and refitting of body panels
- Learn basic vehicle body repairs such as filler repairs and painting techniques
- Find out about health and safety
Get on the road to a great career in the motor vehicle industry with the Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Technology. This pre-apprenticeship programme will develop your skills and knowledge in a range of areas and give you a multi-skilled qualification which will enable you to progress to a higher level qualification or an apprenticeship in the area that interests you the most. You will learn skills in light vehicle service and repair, vehicle body repair, vehicle body refinishing, valeting and vehicle construction and use your skills in a realistic working environment in our modern industry-standard workshop.
To access this course you will be required to:
- Attend an interview at the college
- Complete an online assessment to determine your current skills and knowledge
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation of practical tasks, written assessments, assignments, research and on-line tests.
Succesful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Progress to the Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Technology
- Pursue an apprenticeship in the motor vehicle industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.