Introduction to Hair (and Beauty) Level 1 at Bath College
This course is ideal for school leavers interested in a career in hairdressing and beauty therapy. The qualification provides access to understanding what is involved in the hair and beauty sector.
Depending on which route you take, the following units are available. Units will be finalised at interview.
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in the salon
- Styling women’s hair
- Follow health and safety
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Salon reception duties
- Basic make-up application
- Hand care
- Providing basic pedicure
- Nail art application
- The art of photographic make-up
- Skin care
- Evidence of ability to work at Level 1
- An interest in Hair and Beauty together with a caring nature, good communication skills and the ability to work with others
Continuous practical, work-based assessment will be used to teach and develop vocational skills. There will be written assignments and tests of knowledge and understanding throughout the programme.
Progress on to
- Hairdressing NVQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2
- Hair and Media Make Up Level 2
- Hairdressing Apprenticeship, which will provide you with the qualifications necessary to work within the hair or beauty industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.