IT Application Specialist Advanced Apprenticeship at Harlow College
There is a wide range of IT careers and they all start here. IT Practitioner is an ideal qualification for the budding IT professional and is suitable for a number of job roles including:
- IT Technical Support
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Database Administrator
- Telecoms Engineer
- Network Planner
As an apprentice, you can earn while you’re learning and gain industry wide recognised IT qualifications as you work. Businesses across the country are increasingly realising the enormous benefits that Apprenticeships create, not only in terms of a highly skilled workforce but also by boosting productivity and staff retention. We know employers directly benefit from these highly trained apprentices.
The apprenticeship is made up of qualifications and learning that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to become competent in your chosen job role.
The framework includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT & Telecoms job roles.
The technical content includes units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications and Databases. In addition to generic units, the apprenticeship contains 'vendor' and industry recognised content from Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, VM Ware and CompTIA.
You will be learning through practical and theory sessions at the College to achieve the technical certificate which links to the work-based training and experience to achieve the competence based qualification.
The framework consists of the following:
- Diploma in ICT Professional Competence (QCF)
- Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles for IT Professionals (QCF)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Key Skills –Communications, Application of Number and ICT at Level 2
- Personal Learning and Thinking skills
To achieve full framework you will need to pass all elements of the course.
- You will need to undertake an IT skills scan and a basic skills assessment.
- You will need to be in employment and can be working in a wide range of industries where IT skills are required as part of the job role.
- You must be at least 16 years of age with no upper age limit.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.