IB Diploma IT in a Global Society - Block A @ The Leigh Academy at LAT16 Leigh
The IB diploma in Information Technology in a Global Society (ITGS) course is the study and evaluation of the impacts of Information Technology (IT) on individuals and society. The course explores the advantages and disadvantages of the access and use of digitised information at the local and global level. ITGS provides a framework for students to make informed decisions about the use of IT within social contexts.
- Social and ethical significance
- Application to specified scenarios
- IT Systems
- The Project entails application of skills and knowledge to develop an original IT product for a specified client.
- 5+ A*-C (9-4) grades in GCSEs
- Grade 6 in English Language, Mathematics and a Science related subject
The course involves three written examinations which are 80% of the total qualification and one written report which is 20%.
This course will prepare you for an Undergraduate degree course at University.
Careers could include:
- Software Analyst
- IT Analyst
- Website Designer
- IT Consultant
Rav Hayre, DoL ICT
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.