CACHE Childcare Level 3 at Handsworth Wood Girls' Academy
You will gain knowledge, understanding and skills that you will need to enter employment and work with young children and their families or it will help you progress onto a Level 3 study pathway. Some of these are listed below:
Introduction to working with children
Development from conception to age 16 years
Health and safety
Role of the practitioner and professional skills
Play and learning in children’s education
Care of sick children
Communication, language and literacy skills
You must achieve the following units;
- Units 1 – 9 plus three optional units 11, 12 and 16.
- Research Task
A minimum grade ‘C’ in English at GCSE is required to study this course. Preferably you will have successfully completed the L2 CACHE course. You will need to complete a CRB check before you can begin your work placement and should apply for this by July 2011. The cost of your CRB check will be refunded to you once you have started the course
- Formative assessment during the course will occur informally in class, through your class work and homework.
- You will be assessed through written assignments set by CACHE and also in real work environments by direct observation of practice in the workforce.
- Short answer case study external exam
- You will also complete a research task which is externally marked.
You can progress to various job roles such as: Playgroup worker Registered child minder and nanny Children’s centre staff Personnel in day nurseries Support worker
How can I progress with this qualification? Students completing the Diploma can progress to a degree.
The following UCAS points are available for this course: 120 to 360 UCAS points
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Handsworth Wood Girls' Academy directly.