Transport and Warehousing Logistics CILT (UK) Level 1 Award at Hull College Group
The Level 1 Award in Warehousing and Storage is for people working or wishing to work in a warehousing and storage facility within the logistics sector.
It will provide a pre-employment route as well as a foundation for those already working in this sector.
The Level 1 Award in Logistics and Transport is designed to offer an entry-level overview and a basic insight into the logistics and transport industry.
It also introduces students to different types of written communications, teaching them the skills to draw information from a variety of documents and equipping them for progression to other qualifications.
There are two methods of assessment – the examination route and the workplace assessment route.
- Learners taking the assessment route should ideally be working in a logistics and supply chain environment, or aspiring to such.
- The examination route is suitable for those individuals not working specifically in a logistics and supply chain environment, or for those who are looking to make a career change – or start a new career - within the logistics supply chain. Individuals already working within the logistics supply chain also have the option of taking the examination route.
The qualification, which can start at any time in the year, comprises of three mandatory units:
- Introduction to Logistics
- Transport and Distribution in Logistics
- Introduction to Written Communication
- Storage Facilities
- This is an open-access qualification and no prior qualifications are required, but learners would benefit from having some pre-existing knowledge of logistics and supply chain operations, although this is not essential.
- For those taking the examination route, previous knowledge of logistics and supply chain operations would be of benefit, but again, is not essential.
- A level of literacy and numeracy commensurate with a level 1 qualification would be beneficial, but again, is not essential
- After completion of the Level 1 course you may be able to progress onto a Level 2 course or Apprenticeship within the Ports & Logistics sector.
- Pearson Edexcel Level 2 Certificate in Supply Chain Operations (QCF)
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Logistics Operations
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Supply Chain Operations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.