Drama and Theatre Studies A Level at London Academy
This is an integrated course comprising of:
- Practical exploration of established play texts
- Public performance of an established play text
- Devising and performing an original piece of text
- Analysis of plays seen in the theatre
- Written analysis of your own performance work and the work of established playwrights
- Exploration of a play within a chosen historical context
Drama and Theatre studies is challenging and enjoyable with the emphasis on developing student’s creative analytical and performance skills. Students are expected to participate at every level and will develop the skills to lead others as well as operate as a team member. Regular theatre visits are a feature of this course.
Students are expected to have gained 5 A* - C grades at GCSE, including Drama and English. A wish to perform, direct and create is essential.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact London Academy directly.