Level 3 Hospitality Supervision Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
Our apprenticeship offers aspiring hospitality staff to progress into the Hospitality Industry sector through working towards achieving their chosen qualification.
This apprenticeship covers the principles of leading a team, and the supervision of operations in the hospitality industry.
Furthermore, you will cover the principles of supervising customer service performance in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industry.
In order to achieve a full Apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 18 to 24 months.
This consists of sector related industry qualifications
Competence and Knowledge qualification
Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Provide leadership for your team
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Supervise food production operations
- Supervise functions
- Supervise food services
- Supervise drink services
- Supervise housekeeping services
- Supervise portering and concierge services
- Supervise reception services
- Supervise reservation and booking services
- Contribute to promoting hospitality services and products
- Contribute to the development of recipes and menus
- Supervise off-site food delivery services
- Supervise cellar and drink storage operations
- Manage the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
- Supervise the wine store/cellar and dispense counter
- Supervise vending services
- Supervise linen services
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Improve relationships with customers
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Supervise the use of technological equipment in hospitality services
- Supervise practices for handling payments
- Contribute to the development of a wine list
- Manage the environmental impact of work (MSC E9)
- Contribute to the selection of staff for activities
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Lead meetings
The Optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. To have level 2 in Food and Beverage QCF or equivalent and GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a establishment.
A wide range of assessment methods are used in the workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies or alternatively you can complete the online application form or e-mail a copy of your cv to the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918
Apprenticeship routes are changing throughout the year, stay up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.