Media Studies AS and A Level at The Latimer Arts College
It is a fascinating and challenging subject. It will help you become more aware of the power and influence of the media.
Media is useful for careers in TV, radio, film, journalism, marketing, advertising, and publishing. It will open doors to many areas of higher education or employment.
- Technical aspects of the moving image – TV drama.
- A case study of media audiences and institutions for film.
- A piece of practical coursework creating pages for a magazine. All coursework is uploaded to either a student blog or website and you are guided through how to create this.
- Evaluation of production using media theories such as genre or narrative theory. Contemporary media issues, such as post-modernism.
- Production of a media portfolio working in moving image and two other mediums.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Latimer Arts College directly.