Business Administration: Level 2 Study Programme at Ashton Park School
Why study Business Administration?
• This allows students to develop understanding of the administrative functions and activities which exist in organisations
• This is a practical course which will assess student’s administrative abilities in the work place.
What’s it all about?
The mandatory units are listed and summarised below:
Working in Administration – This unit prepares learners to work in an office environment by introducing them to relevant legislation and health and safety procedures and the role and importance of the administrator in a business environment
Written Business Communication – This unit aims to develop a learner’s skills and knowledge of written business communications in contexts that are relevant to workplace situations. Students will be able to produce documents to an acceptable standard and demonstrate an understanding of a wide range of communication methods and their suitability for various purposes.
Students will also complete some optional units, which could include units such as, teamwork and financial transactions in administration.
When will I be assessed?
• The course is 100% coursework and there is no written exam. An assignment or project is set for each unit that the students will complete. This will be assessed and graded as a PASS or a FAIL.
What could it lead to?
• A progression route to more advanced qualifications such as an OCR Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
• The qualification is recognised by employers and educational institutions
• Opportunities to develop a range of skills, techniques and personal qualities essential for successful performance in working life.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashton Park School directly.