Accounting AAT Level 2 Certificate at Colchester Institute
The AAT Certificate and Diploma is a fast track to Level 3 and includes the AAT Level 2 Certificate. This intensive fast-track programme provides you with an introduction to professional accountancy. Completion of the full programme will allow you to work as a trainee accountant and provide a firm grounding for future training and progression.
You will receive foundation knowledge of accountancy through a mixture of classroom teaching and simulated activities to replicate the type of work you would be doing in industry. You will also engage in GEM and GAP activities to develop your English, maths and employability skills.
Throughout the duration of the AAT Certificate and Diploma you will learn the following;
- Recording and Accounting for Cash and Credit Transactions
- Preparing Ledgers, Trial Balance and Management Reports
- Computerised Accounting (using Sage Line 50)
- Final Accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships
- Preparing VAT Returns
- Using Spreadsheets for Accounting Purposes
- Understanding Ethics in a Professional Context
- Record, Analyse and Apportion Costs
Normally 5 GCSEs (grades A*-C) including English and maths, and satisfactory results in a relevant Level 3 qualification, or equivalent AS/A Level results and an interview.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have the opportunity to work in an accounts department or become a trainee accountant.
You will be able to progress onto an AAT Accounting Diploma Level 4 after the successful completion of this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Colchester Institute directly.