Product Design BTEC Level 3 at Wolsingham School
This course offers a unique mix of designing and making activities which will help you to gain a broad perspective in design, with graphics and resistant materials.
Working with a variety of media and following the design process; Students are required to:
- study the work of several designers
- understand how materials work, are made, are joined and their purpose. Matching materials to purpose
- have an understanding of colour, tone, texture, shape and form
- understand and show how the industry works
- use both CAD and CAM to produce work
- produce a design folder to back up this work
- produce a product study in a chosen area
Complete a written exam in both Year 12 and 13.
Coursework makes up 50% of the marks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wolsingham School directly.