Hair and Media Make up Level 3 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to work in the media, film and theatre industry as an advanced and highly trained make-up artist.
This is a one year programme that will enable you to develop the skills essential for employment in the Hair and Media Make-up industry, working in film, theatre, music, TV and all other aspects of media. Topics covered are:
- Face and body art
- Media make up
- Airbrush make up
- Camouflage make up
- Fashion and photographic make up
- Creative hairdressing
- Style and dress hair and media make up
- Provide hair extensions
- Functional skills
This course is ideal for Level 2 Hair and Media Make-up students wishing to progress further in the field. To do so you must have demonstrated good attendance and timekeeping, the ability to meet deadlines and have excellent skills development.
You will also need to have a creative flair, a genuine interest in the hair and media make up industry, good personal presentation and communication skills. We welcome applicants from the hair and media make up industry seeking a qualification.
- Your theory and practical knowledge will be assessed formatively throughout the year by your tutors, in preparation for a formal end of year assessment/exam covering practical and theory knowledge. (Internal and external moderation).
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Progress to Higher Education
Depending on your prior achievements, you may be able to re-sit GCSE English and/or Maths, or attend Functional Skills, English and/or Maths.
Enrichment activities (trips/visits etc) will be arranged for example to the Alternative Hair Show, which are beneficial to this course and your learning. They are optional and additional fees will be charged to you, details are provided once the course starts. Compulsory enrichment activities will be free of charge. 60 hours work placement in the Media Industry. (One day a week work placement is ideal to enhance learning and prepare for assessment and industry).
What will I need?
- You will need to purchase personal stationery.
- Kit and uniform are issued at the start of the course, upon payment of all course fees. Kits are non refundable once the course starts.
- For students progressing from within the department, previous kit items could be appropriate but additional items may need to be purchased (depending on previous course).
- Payment for optional enrichment activities are detailed throughout the year.
- The cost of the kit and uniform is £356.00
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.