Uniformed Public Services: Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at NESCOT
This course is the ideal qualification for students who wish to enter the public services as you will be trained in the different disciplines required in the uniformed services.
During the two years you will study leadership and management techniques, focus on government policies and the public services, team development, physical preparation for the public services as well as outdoor adventure units. The course will also provide entry qualifications to Higher Education.
This course is made up of 18 units, where you will study eight core units and ten specialist units.
- Leadership & Teamwork in the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor & Adventure Expeditions
- Skills for Landbased and Waterbased Activities
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Police Powers in the Public Services
- Practical Team Sports
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Crime and its Effects on Society
4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English or Level 2 at Merit plus English and maths.
You will be provided with all the basic resources and materials needed for your programme. Some additional fees are required to cover costs of trips and activities required to take place to gain criteria to pass this course.
You will have to pay for the following:
- Trips costing £270.00
- Uniform costing £72.20
From this course you can either progress onto Higher Education at HND or degree level or into your chosen service providing you meet their entry requirements in the armed and public services.
Potential career routes in the Public Services industry:
- Ambulance Service
- Armed Forces
- Community Leadership
- Emergency Services
- Fire Brigade
- Police Force
- Prison Services
- Royal Air Force
- Royal Navy
- Territorial Army
- UK Border Agency
Educational visits, outdoor activities and working with the services are a large feature of this course, along with developing your own personal fitness and completing all required coursework.
On enrolment you will need to purchase an essential uniform for the course. The uniform you need to purchase will be:
- 2x polo shirts
- 1x trousers
- 1x softshell jacket
- 1x pair of black drill boots
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NESCOT directly.