BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate In Business at Neale-Wade Academy
BTEC National Level 3 Extended Certificate in Business
The BTEC Level 3 in Business will encourage learners to be inspired, motivated and challenged by following a broad, coherent, practical, satisfying and worthwhile course of study. It provides insight into, and experience of, how businesses work, stimulating learners’ curiosity and encouraging them to engage with commerce in their everyday lives and to make informed choices about further study and about career choices.
The course is split into four modules. Each unit explores the following content from differing perspectives:
- Exploring Business – Assessed internally.
- Developing a marketing campaign – Assessed through an external task set by Pearson.
- Personal and business finance – Assessed by a 2 hour written examination.
- The recruitment and selection process – Assessed internally.
Learning Activities and Teaching Approaches:
We stimulate pupils’ through active and engaging lessons. Pupils develop their knowledge and understanding of the past using a wide range of resources and techniques centred around the higher level source skills, analysis and critical thinking required at level 3.
Two of the units are internally assessed and marked by teachers. The remaining two units are externally assessed by Edexcel. One unit is an exam.
• Level 3 Business is an excellent base for a university degree, especially degrees in business, management, law, human resources, accountancy, finance, sociology and psychology. Careers with a business degree are diverse and have high earning potential.
• A range of career possibilities including banking, insurance, advertising, distribution, sales, accounting, law, education, central or local government and business consultancy. Business skills, which touch on every part of our modern society, are in high demand worldwide and are often well paid.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.