Travel and Tourism (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This course introduces you to the exciting aspects of the travel and tourism industry and is designed for students who are keen to progress into a career or to further their studies in travel and tourism. The course will provide you with a broad overview of the travel and tourism industry. The individual units on the course have been designed to meet specific skills gaps identified by employers, these include: locational geography, customer service and employability skills. . The course is taught by experienced professionals who have worked in the aviation, tourism and hospitality industry.
- The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
- Understanding Customer Service
- UK Travel Destinations
- Exploring Marketing
- European Holiday Destinations
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have GCSE Maths at A*-D, we may accept a Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Regular assessment of coursework is ongoing and your progress is also monitored via tutorials. Assessments will also take place on residential visits. This may be in the UK or Europe, dependent upon cost.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Aviation
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma / Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality
- Resort Representatives and Cabin Crew
- Part-time language course to complement your qualification
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
There will be a cost to students for the UK based residential and day trips (approximately £220). It is a tradition that students undertake fundraising activities in order to reduce the costs. Daytrips to Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester and Alton Towers Hotel and Resort are an integral part of this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.