Childcare and Education Level 3 at Wickersley School and Sports College
This Course is Full-time and includes ALL Option Blocks
- Child development from conception to 7 years
- Children’s health and well being
- Providing a safe environment for children
- Child health Play and learning
- Understanding additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
You will undertake a different placement and also be required to pass a further external assessment.
- Supporting emergent literacy
- Supporting emergent mathematics
- Preparing for school readiness
- International perspectives
- Reflective practice
- Professional partnership in early years
- Professional Practice Portfolio
The minimum qualification for entry into the Sixth Form is 5 4 grades including Maths and English, although there are specific entry requirements for some of our option subjects.
A student’s suitability for their chosen subjects will also be taken into account, even if they meet the 5 4 grades threshold.
Applicants will need to have a proven record of good or excellent effort and attendance in Year 11 in order to qualify for a place, verified by a suitable reference.
In order to achieve the Technical Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) learners must pass 14 mandatory units. Learners must also complete the extended assessments CCE1 and DCE2 (externally set, externally marked). Mandatory units are marked and graded A* – D by your tutors, there are opportunities to upgrade original grades.
These qualifications are suitable for a range of learners wishing to work in early years education and care or for those wishing to progress to Higher Education.
Please consult our Option Blocks before making your selection.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.