Level 2 Business at ARK Putney
The aims of all qualifications in the BTEC First suite in Business are to:
● inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in the business sector
● give learners the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of,
and develop skills in, the business sector
● support progression to a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic business
course or apprenticeship
● give learners the potential opportunity, in due course, to enter employment within
a wide range of job roles.
The specific aims of the BTEC First Diploma in Business are to:
● provide a comprehensive and challenging programme of study related to business
that is particularly suited to post-16 learners who have the relevant interest and
aptitude to progress in the sector
● broaden and deepen learners’ understanding of business careers and their
● provide a broad and balanced programme of study through the core and
mandatory units that develop knowledge, skills and understanding that are
relevant to the sector as a whole
● allow learners to specialise or deepen their understanding through the provision
of a broad range of optional specialist units, including units requiring 60 guided
learning hours of study
● provide opportunities for the development of transferable skills related to study
and vocational application that provide a platform for success both within the
business sector and elsewhere
● build on achievement and interest developed through related level 1 or level 2
qualifications in business, including the BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award,
Certificate or Extended Certificate in Business
● give learners the potential opportunity to progress to employment, or progress
within employment in a wide range of job roles across the business sector
● support progression into specialised level 3 qualifications in business, general
qualifications in business, or progression into an apprenticeship.
For level 2 courses students will typically have grades D and E at GCSE, or pass grades at level 2.
Where the subject chosen has not been previously studied, English and Maths grades will be considered.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact ARK Putney directly.