Loading Shovel at The Construction Skills People Ltd
This assessment is designed for those involved in operating Loading Shovels to show their competence in this equipment.
CATEGORIES: WHEELED – TRACKED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the loading shovel for travel.
- Travel the machine over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Carry out excavations from an embankment of different materials and form stockpiles (and ramps – wheeled).
- Ensure load integrity.
- Clean, spread and level differing types of materials (wheeled) or backfill, spread and level differing types of material using a multi-purpose front bucket (tracked).
- Carry out excavations from below ground level (tracked).
- Load various types of materials into receptacles i.e. vehicles/hoppers etc.
- Place the loading shovel in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Construction Skills People Ltd directly.