History at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
* The study of significant events, individuals, issues and societies in history.
* The study of how and why societies have changed over time.
* A study of historical evidence and the methods used by historians to analyse and evaluate it.
* Expressing your own historical ideas confidently and effectively.
* ‘Active’ learning, including discussions and debates, group work, ‘PowerPoint’ presentations and research.
* You do not need any particular GCSE’s to study this subject (not even History GCSE!) though a Grade B in English is highly recommended.
* It is more important that you have an interest in the way that the world has developed, enjoy investigation and discovery, enjoy debate and like putting forward a well-argued case
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.