Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Level 2 (HAB1) at Barnsley College
As a beauty therapy apprentice, you’ll assist senior therapists and learn a range of skills and techniques in the beauty therapy industry.
You will study all the mandatory units listed below
You will also study:
- Employment, Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Booklet
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Fulfill salon reception duties
- Health and safety
- Provide facial skin care treatments
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Provide waxing treatments
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Provide make-up services
3 GCSEs at grade A* to D including English at grade 3/C and above is preferred PLUS secured employment in beauty therapy.**
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments. You will be assessed both in College and in your place of work.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
Upon completion you could progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy or apply for job roles including:
- Junior Make-up Artist
- Beauty Consultant
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.