Professional Cookery Advanced Apprenticeship at Colchester Institute
This Professional Cookery programme is designed to give you the relevant training and education required to work within a professional kitchen environment. Learning through practical and theory sessions at College is teamed with work-based experience and training in order to achieve an NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation and Cooking and a Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles.
- Develop Productive Working Relationship with Colleagues
- Maintain Health, Hygiene, Safety and Security of the Working Environment
- Maintain Food Safety when Storing, Preparing and Cooking Food
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Complex Fish Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Complex Shellfish Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Complex Meat Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Complex Poultry Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Complex Game Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Fresh Pasta Dishes
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Bread and Dough Products
- Preparation, Cooking and Finishing of Dressings and Cold Sauces
- Preparation, Finishing and Presentation of Canapés and Cocktail Products
As part of the Apprenticeship framework you will also study Employment Rights and Responsibilities, and Functional Skills Level 2/GCSEs in English and maths.
Successful completion of a relevant level 2 qualification. Candidates should have a strong interest in the area of hospitality and be able to discuss why they wish to do this. You will need to be committed to your study and be responsible for your own learning. You will be required to attend an interview with the work based learning team and be asked to complete basic skills assessments in literacy and numeracy. Students on this course are required to be employed in a suitable work placement in a restaurant, hotel or catering establishment.
Career pathways may include employment as a chef de partie, sous chef or team supervisor. Progression could be to head chef and general management.
Possible progresion to an HNC in Hospitality Management Food and Beverage Operations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Colchester Institute directly.