Graphic Design at Cheam High School
We will help you develop your visual and practical skills, to use new techniques using art media, photography and the computer, to produce your own exciting and original designs and illustrations.
Component 1 – Coursework
- You will complete an initial seven week programme of skills based workshops
- You will experiment with a range of art techniques and media, developing new ways of working, inspired by designers’ work
- You will develop your own sketchbook work and then create original final pieces using the techniques of your choice in the second year you will choose your own theme,
- Write your own brief and research and develop your own artwork
- You will also write a 2000 word contextual essay
Component 2 – Exam
You will develop sketchbook work on a theme set by the exam board and then have 15 hours to produce a final piece in exam conditions
GCSE grade C in English
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cheam High School directly.
Last updated date: 01 September 2016