Business A Level at Harlington Upper School
A Level Business covers 10 topics at A Level.
The course covers the following topics:
• What is business?
• Managers, Leadership and Decision Making.
• Decision making to improve Marketing performance.
• Decision making to improve Operational performance.
• Decision making to improve Financial performance.
• Decision making to improve Human Resource performance.
• Analysing the strategic position of a business.
• Choosing strategic direction.
• Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
• Managing strategic change.
GCSE Grade 4 in English and Mathematics.
A Level 1 - 10 above
Paper 1 (120 minute exam) 100 marks 33.3% of final grade
• A mix of multiple choice, short answer, and essay questions.
Paper 2 (120 minute exam) 100 marks 33.3% of final grade
• Three data response questions.
Paper 3 (120 minute exam) 100 marks 33.3% of final grade
One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
• Case studies
• Decision making, role plays and data analysis
• Group discussions
• The use of multi-media
• Peer assessment (the student’s design and set exams)
• External Visits
Students are expected to be studying outside the classroom (5 hours per week minimum), reading around the subject and keeping up to date with current events, business and economic news.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlington Upper School directly.