Preparing to Work in Early Years Education and Care Level 3 Certificate (CACHE) at East Surrey College
This course prepares you to work with children aged 0- 5 years and to gain knowledge of children aged 5-7 years. You will develop key skills and knowledge of child development, professional conduct legislation and promoting child development and safeguarding.
It will allow you to work in a supervised role within in the Early Years setting.
Childcare courses are designed to equip students with the skills needed to look after children. Therefore, it is important to be emotionally balanced and resilient in order to cope with challenging situations and the demands of working within the childcare
sector. You will need to be creative, enthusiastic and enjoy working with children.
You will need to source work placements.
Some of the topics that you will explore include:
- Understanding how to support children who are unwell
- Understanding the needs of the mother and baby during pre-conception, pregnancy and the first year of life
- Reflecting on practice in the Early Years setting
You must hold a Childcare Level 2 qualification, 5 GCSEs grade A* - C that include Maths or English (opportunity to retake either English or Maths during course)
A clean DBS
Coursework, practical activities, and work experience.
If you are under 19 on 31/08/2016, tuition is free. If you are 19 or over please consult Client Services for advice and guidance on funding and eligibility.
Please be aware that there may be additional costs for equipment and educational visits. This information will be available from the curriculum staff at interview
Early Years Educator Level 3 and employment.
• Text books
• Stationery: USB, ring binder, dividers, pens, paper, plastic wallets etc.
• Access to internet and IT an advantage
• Uniform: college polo shirt, fleece (optional). You will also be expected to wear appropriate trousers/skirt and shoes. Childcare students need to be aware that excessive jewellery and nail extensions are not appropriate to the industry
If you have any outstanding queries please contact our Client Services team on 01737 788444.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Surrey College directly.
Last updated date: 12 April 2016