Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at Leeds City College
Are you interested in pursuing a career in business? This exciting and challenging course in business can help prepare you for the industry.
The qualification runs over one year and is designed to either extend your existing knowledge of business or be the first year of a two-year programme of study to support progression to university. It can also be used to increase your existing UCAS points to help you get to university once completed.
• Exploring business
• Developing a marketing campaign
• Personal and business finance
• One other topic from a range of five other business areas
Entry requirements should include minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 or above in English and preferably maths, and grade C or above in all other subjects, or equivalent.
You should have a genuine interest in business and a commitment to complete homework and independent study by agreed deadlines.
Assessment is through portfolio, assignments and external assessments. Your course teachers will guide you through the assignment criteria for each unit and make sure you are prepared to achieve your best.
16-18: No Fee
Your options after completing this course are:
- Continue to year two and top-up to the full Extended Diploma in Business
- Continue to year two and top up to the full Diploma in Business
- Continue to year two and top up to the Foundation Diploma in Business
- Continue to year two but study IT in either the Certificate, Extended Certificate or Foundation Diploma.
- Seek an apprenticeship or employment.
English and Maths will be built into your course if your grades are below 4/5.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.