Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at South Cheshire College
This great course gives you a comprehensive insight into the travel and tourism industry, and will enhance your learning with genuine work experience, an overseas residential visit and the opportunity to gain an Air Cabin Crew Certificate or an Event Planning Certificate. On the course you'll learn about diverse sectors of the travel and tourism industry such as the European travel market, long-haul destinations, the cruise sector, sustainable tourism and the UK as a tourist destination.
- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
- The business of Travel and Tourism
- The UK as a Destination
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services
- The European Travel Market
- Long-haul Travel Destinations
- Retail and Business Travel Operations
- Investigating the Cruise Industry
- Responsible Tourism
- Tour Operations
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Entertaining holiday-makers
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Hospitality Operations in Travel and Tourism
- Passenger Transport
- Rural tourism - plan study visit
Additionally in the second year:
- NCFE Air Cabin Crew Certificate; or
- NCFE Level 2 Event Planning.
For the Extended Diploma (2 years) you will need a minimum of: i) 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language/Literature (or L2 functional literacy), ii) or a Level 2 Diploma (Merit) + 2 GCSEs grade A*-C, iii) or a Level 2 Extended Certificate (Merit) + 3 GCSEs grade A*-C, plus at least a grade D in GCSE Maths (or L1 functional numeracy pass).
For the Subsidiary Diploma (1 year) you will need a minimum of: i) 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language/Literature (or L2 functional literacy), ii) or a Level 2 Diploma (Pass) + 1 GCSE grade A*-C, iii) or a Level 2 Extended Certificate (Pass) + 2 GCSEs grade A*-C, plus at least a grade E in GCSE Maths.
The course is equivalent to three A-Levels and is assessed through course work. It provides vocational training for employment throughout the travel and tourism industry. Successful completion of the course can meet the entry requirements for higher education eg Foundation Degree or Full Honours Degree programmes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Cheshire College directly.