Teaching Assistants Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 Certificate at RWP Training Ltd
The qualification is appropriate for anyone aged 16 and above who has an interest in this sector and is seeking, or already has employment with a local employer.
Mandatory units include:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of young people
- Communication and professional relationships
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work
- Help improve own and team practice
- Maintain and support relationships
- Support health and safety
- Support positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
Optional units include:
- Schools as organisations
- Provide displays in schools
- Prepare and maintain learning environments
- Support disabilities and educational needs
- Support play and leisure
- Move and position individuals
- Support extra curricular activities
Applicants should have achieved GCSE grades
A*-D or 9-3, show enthusiasm for this sector and have excellent communication skills.
Acceptance onto the programme will be subject to qualifications, experience and successfully completing an initial assessment, interview and DBS check.
Employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS.
Assessment will be carried out through a combination of observations of performance, evidence collected in the workplace, assignments, projects and online tests.
Candidates who complete this qualification can progress onto an advanced apprenticeship in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning.
You may already be employed, or we can help you secure a suitable position with a local employer who will support you throughout your apprenticeship. You will be working a minimum of 30 hours per week whilst being paid the current minimum apprenticeship wage. This qualification is working with children aged 5 to 19.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact RWP Training Ltd directly.