German at The Henry Box School
We aim to inspire students with an interest in and enthusiasm for language learning and use a wide variety of techniques in lessons. Students read, write, speak and listen to the foreign language in a wide variety of situations. They often work in pairs and small groups; ICT, quizzes, games, songs and drama are also used to make the classroom atmosphere as stimulating as possible.
Aims:The aims of the course are to encourage you to:
- develop an interest in, and an enthusiasm for, language learning;
- develop understanding of the language in a variety of contexts and genres;
- communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the language for a range of purposes;
- develop awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of countries or communities where the language is spoken;
- consider your study of the language in a broader context.
The A-level courses are academically demanding and in order to cope successfully students must have achieved good GCSE results. Our minimum entry requirement is therefore an average of 42 GCSE points, including a 'C' grade in English Language. As a general guide, most subjects require a minimum GCSE grade B in the subject to be studied.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Henry Box School directly.