Business BTEC Level 2 Diploma at City of Westminster College
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business will develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding of business functions, environments and operations in a practical way that is relevant to today’s work environment.
In order for you to achieve the Diploma in Business you are required to accumulate a total of 60 credits. This consists of four mandatory units (20 credits) and a range of optional units (40 credits).Outline of skills and knowledge
- Business Purposes
- Business organisations
- Financial Forecasting for Business
- People in Organisation Other units will be selected from the following list;
- Using Office Equipment
- Providing Business Support
- Verbal and Non-verbal Communication in Business Contexts
- Training and Employment in Business
- Personal Selling in Business
- Customer Relations in Business
- Business Online
- Business Enterprise
- Starting a Small Business
- Working in Business Teams
- The Marketing Plan
- Managing Personal Finances
- Promoting and Branding in Retail Business
- Visual Merchandising and Display Techniques for Retail Business
- Business Improvement Tools and Techniques
- Enterprise in the Workplace
- Sourcing and Buying in the Supply Chain
Students will generally be aged between 16 to 18 and have a minimum 4 D’s at GCSE or a qualification at level 1.
Applicants will be interviewed by a Business tutor, to assess their suitability for the course. As part of the interview your reference will be considered and you will be asked questions about your previous qualifications, experiences and interests in the industry. If you already have any qualifications or school/college reports, please bring them to your interview.
In order to pass an assignment you will need to produce evidence, this is proof that you have met the requirements of the unit. All units are broken down in exactly the same way. Every unit is introduced with a learning outcome, which describes what you will achieve while completing the unit. Assessment objectives describe what you are required to do in order to achieve the learning outcome. You must achieve every assessment objective in the unit.
You are able to achieve a Pass (5 points), Merit (6 points) or Distinction (7 points) for each unit. In order to calculate your overall grade you will need the following points:
- Merit – 340 – 379
- Distinction – 380 –399
- Distinction* - 400 and above
Students who gain merit/distinction grades may progress onto a level 3 qualifications such as the Level 3 Diploma or L3 Extended Diploma. Students would also be able to gain entry to employment at an appropriate level within business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.