Sociology - A Level at St Gregory the Great Catholic School
The aims of the OCR AS Sociology specification are to encourage you to:
• Acquire knowledge and a critical understanding of contemporary social processes and social changes
• Appreciate the significance of theoretical and conceptual issues in sociological debate
• Understand and evaluate sociological methodology and a range of research methods through active involvement in the research process
• Develop skills that enable you to focus on your personal identity roles and responsibilities within society
• Develop a lifelong interest in social issues
• Focus on the topic of youth.
At A2 we study crime and deviance and social inequalities.
A minimum of six A*-C GCSE passes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Gregory the Great Catholic School directly.