Art and Design (Graphic Design) Level 3 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
- Graphic Design is the most universal of all the creative industries. The advertising sector alone generates 550,000 jobs in the UK and has the most advanced digital advertising market in the world.
- Students progress to careers in graphic design areas such as advertising, interior design, illustration, games design, animation, magazine publishing, web site design, print production, Information graphics and signage, packaging, marketing, corporate identity and branding.
- Students develop a specialist portfolio and an online presence, including blogs, digital portfolio and web specific showcases of work, as well as employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment.
- Practise creative problem solving responding to needs of clients and Investigate and respond to trends and influences that affect graphic design
- Engage in collaborative work with clients and in teams through industry briefs
- Develop use of Type, Image and Composition to communicate a message to a specific audience
- Gain skills using a range of materials, techniques and processes, print making, cardboard construction, illustration styles and digital as well as craft based media
- Develop communication skills through design analysis, group critiques, professional pitches and peer assessment
- Learn Adobe Creative Suite software to industry standard
- Develop appropriate skills/qualifications in English, Maths and software applications
- 200 GCSE entry points including English Language at Grade C or have a Level 2 Diploma at Merit level along with GCSE English Language Grade C
- You will have to provide examples of art and design work at interview
- We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications
You will be assessed through working on practical assignments, producing a range of "outcomes" and portfolio material.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
After successfully completing a BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma, you can progress to a second and final year of specialist study with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. Students develop a specialist portfolio and an online presence, including blogs, digital portfolio and web specific showcases of work, as well as employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment.
- Enrichment programme of visits including the Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising, ‘Pick Me Up’ Graphic Arts Festival and The London Design Festival
- Regular Live briefs in collaboration with local organisations
- Work experience opportunities in the graphic design industry and guidance in devising self-directed projects and producing a showcase of work
- Experience industry practise methods of working collaboratively, with clients and suppliers
- Develop an individual portfolio of online/specialist work for direct progression to higher education degree or employment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.