Carpentry and Joinery Level 1 Diploma at Bath College
This course is for you if you are new to construction. This programme is run in a realistic training environment, where learners can demonstrate their individual strengths through the fabrication of a series of wood working joints, learning the essential skills necessary to succeed in a competitive workplace. Our programme offers the chance for learners to compete in regional and national woodworking competitions as well as achieving the Health & Safety certificate required to work on a construction site. This course is also taught on the Somer Valley Campus.
Course units include:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Produce woodworking joints
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
Must have completed secondary education with at least two GCSE subjects, preferably in maths and English.
You will be assessed through workshop-based practical assessments and multiple choice end-of-unit knowledge tests.
On completion of this course, you can progress onto either the Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry or the Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.