Geography at Carshalton Boys Sports College
The aim of A Level Geography is to:
• Develop and apply understanding of geographical concepts and processes in order to understand and interpret our every changing world
• Develop awareness of the complexity of interactions within and between
societies, economics, cultures and environments
• Develop as global citizens who recognise the challenges of sustainability and
the implications of our lives
• Improve as critical and reflective learners aware of the importance of attitude
and values, including their own. Be inspired by the world around them
• Gain employment and satisifcation from the geographical studies and understand their relevance.
Area of study 1: Dynamic Landscapes (Paper 1)
Area of study 2: Dynamic Places (Paper 2)
Area of study 3: Physical Systems and Sustainability (Paper 1)
Area of study 4: Human Systems and Geopolitics (Paper 2)
Topics studied will include:
• Tectonic Processes and Hazards
• Landscape Systems, Processes & Change
• Coastal Landscapes & Change
• Shaping Places
• Regenerating Places or Diverse Places
Grade B in English Language, Grade B in Geography.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton Boys Sports College directly.
Last updated date: 05 September 2016