Art & Design BTEC Level 3 180 Credit Extended Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This course develops your interest, confidence and skills in a range of art and design disciplines.
On the Extended Diploma course learners are able to top up their already gained BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma in Art & Design making it equivalent to three A levels.
- Application, Exploration and Realisation in Art and Design
- Design for Advertising
- Generating Fine Art Ideas
- Developing and Realising Fine Art Ideas
- Garment Production
- Developing Costume Design Skills
- Presenting Fine Art Work
You must have a BTEC Level 3 60 credit Subsidiary Diploma in Art & Design or BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma in Art & Design Merit grade, 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C including English language and Art or a BTEC Diploma in Art and Design (Merit or Distinction) with GCSE English at C level. Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and design work.
This course will give you the opportunity to continue experimenting and developing your skills with fine art, fashion, textiles, graphic design, and digital design which is all underpinned by contextual studies and drawing development. The Final Major Project at the end of the course gives learners the opportunity to explore their own specialist pathway. This course is hard work and challenging, deadlines must always be met, units must be passed, it is also creative, fun and very rewarding.
Successful completion of the course allows progression on to University to do a foundation degree or Higher National Diploma in a related subject or employment.
This course will also suit learners from other colleges and 6th forms who have already achieved a
- BTEC Level 3 60 - credit Subsidiary Diploma in Art & Design or
- BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma in Art & Design but are looking to gain more UCAS points before going onto Higher Education.
We can personalise your learning journey to either work towards
- a BTEC Level 3 120 credit Diploma in Art & Design (equivalent to two A levels) or
- the BTEC Level 3 180 credit Extended Diploma in Art & Design (equivalent to three A levels).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.