Business at North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College
Business impacts on our daily lives. If you are interested in figuring out what businesses do, why they do it and how they do it, and if you are considering a career in the worl of business; then this could be the course for you.
Business studies will provide you with transferable skills, developing your analysis of data, the investigation of facts from numerous sources, strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to logically problem-solve.
ear 1 units include:
- Challenges and issues of starting a business, enterprise and entrepreneurs
- Financial planning – essential financial conceps needed to start a business
- Finance in managing a business
- People in business
- Operations management
- Marketing and competition.
Year 2 units include:
- Functional objectives and strategies
- Financial strategies and accounts
- Human resource strategies
- Corporate aims and objectives
- Assessing change in a business environment
- Managing change.
Throughout the course there will be a strong emphasis on practical learning, using the latest technologies. There will be opportunities to apply your learning in real life briefs provided by our partners.
You will need 5 A*-C GCSEs including a grade C in this subject, if you have studied it at GCSE.
Business Studies will link well with many of the other subjects you can study at NSETC, both arts and science.
You could go onto university to study a wide range of degree courses in various business areas such as human resources, marketing, finance, business information technology and business studies.
Students who study business studies have access to a wide range of possible careers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College directly.