Physics AS & A Level at Banbury Academy
The course is taught over two years with AS exams at the end of the first year. The exams at the end of the second year make up 100% of the A‐Level grade and can cover any topic of the full two years. There is no coursework now, but there is a separate qualification for the practical endorsement. Developing practical skills is an integral part of the course and they are used to make sure students are confident with the techniques and understanding of the Physics.
- Module 1‐ Development of Practical Skills in Physics
- Module 2‐ Fundamental Data Analysis
- Module 3‐ Physics in Action
- Module 4‐ Understanding Processes
- Module 5‐ Rise and Fall of the Clockwork Universe
- Module 6‐ Field and Particle Physics
Science and Additional Science Grade B
Or GCSE Physics Grade B
- Foundations of Physics‐ 90 minute exam‐ 50% of AS Level
- Physics in Depth‐ 90 minute exam‐ 50% of AS level
- Fundamentals of Physics‐ 135 minutes‐ 41% of total A‐Level
- Scientific Literacy in Physics‐ 135 minutes‐ 37% of total A‐Level
- Practical Skills in Physics‐ 90 minutes‐ 22% of Total A‐Level
- Practical Endorsement in Physics. Non examined, assessed throughout the A‐Level based on experiments
The logic and mathematics skills developed in Physics are relevant to a vast number of careers. It is beneficial in any further scientific work with applications in business, finance and medicine. Below are some of the destinations of our previous students.
- Mechanical Engineering, University of Bath
- Aerospace Engineering, Brunel University
- Meteorology, Reading University
- Physics and Astronomy, Sussex University
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Banbury Academy directly.