Team Leading Apprenticeship Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
Apprenticeships are very popular programmes designed by employers that provide paid work-experience, training and qualifications to people aged 16 and above.
An Apprenticeship framework comprises:
- A work-based qualification (QCF), assessed in the workplace, demonstrating competence and practical skills linked to the job
- A technical certificate, achieved at College, showing the theoretical principles and knowledge relevant to the job and other qualifications valued by employers such as:
- Functional skills, which show competency in English, maths or I.C.T applied to the workplace
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS); they include creative thinking, independent enquiry, reflective learner, effective participator, self management and team working.
In the workplace, candidates must complete a work-related qualification based on the following units:
- Manage personal development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Communicate information and knowledge
- Skills, knowledge and competences will be assessed in your workplace. It provides students with an opportunity to demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed for a career in team leading.
- At College or in the workplace, candidates will study a Certificate in Team Leading at Level 2 which includes:
- Key principles of team leading
- Managing personal development
- Developing working relationships with team members
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 are part of the course.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over. They must be employed in a business setting for a minimum of 30 hours a week (including work and College). Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths, English, ICT or science. All applicants will be individually interviewed and assessed.
Please contact the Business Development Team for further details:
- Tel: 0800 046 7720
- Email: email@example.com
Some courses are fully or partially funded, depending upon individual circumstances.
After you have successfully completed this course you could progress onto the Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.