Performing Engineering Operations EAL Level 2 at South Tyneside College
This qualification helps you develop the practical engineering skills that employers are looking for. This is a practical course that will provide you with the basics in essential skills such as health and safety, efficient and effective working practices and technical communications. You will have opportunities to study specialist areas such as fabrication and welding, mechanical maintenance routes.
GCSE grades at E including maths and English or Performing Engineering Operations at Level 1. Must work towards a C in English and maths.
Students must complete 6 units to gain this qualification. Units studied are:
- 001 Working safely in an engineering environment
- 002 Carrying out engineering activities effeciently and effectively
- 003 Using and communicating techincal information
- 005 Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- 011 Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- 029 Preparing and using semi-automatic MIG/MAG and Flux Cored welding equipment
Successful completion will allow progression to a Level 2 Techincal Engineering course. (City and Guilds 2850 Level 2)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Tyneside College directly.