NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in English (Level 2) at Be Totally You
This qualification aims to allow learners to work confidently, effectively and independently in life, by developing practical skills in English which can be transferred across situations and contexts.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- apply their knowledge and understanding to everyday life
- engage competently and confidently with others
- solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situations
- develop personally and professionally as positive citizens who can actively contribute to society.
The NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in English (Level 2) consists of 3 mandatory components:
- Component 01 – Speaking, Listening and Communication
- Component 02 – Reading
- Component 03 – Writing
To be awarded the NCFE Functional Skills Qualification in English (Level 2), learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory components, by achieving their task-based assessments. Component credits will not be awarded. Grades are not awarded and the 3 components are weighted equally.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who want to develop practical and transferable skills in English.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above, although it is recommended that learners should be aged at least 14.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics
- NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Information and Communication Technology
As this qualification develops transferable skills which will be useful in work and life, learners could also progress onto a variety of NCFE qualifications in Employability, Money Management, or vocational areas.
This qualification is also an integral part of the Apprenticeship frameworks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Be Totally You directly.