Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Level 3 Certificate at South Tyneside College
This is a full-time, practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. The course will introduce concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector and will develop skills you need to start a career. A range of units will make up this programme include:
- Principles of communication in adult social care
- Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in adult social care.
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social car.
A minimum of 4 GCSE subjects including maths or English at grade A-C, or a full level 2 qualification in a related subject. You must also have an interview with Health and Social Care staff and have a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The course is assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.
On successful completion learners can progress to the Level 3 Cache Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults). If you want to get a job straight away you could work in Health Centres, Registered Care Homes or Primary Care Trust.
Job roles may include:
- Care Assistants in Residential Settings or Supported Living
- Healthcare Support Workers in Community and Primary Care Environments
- Healthcare Assistants in Acute Health Environments
- Care Support Workers in Domiciliary Services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Tyneside College directly.