Hairdressing Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
The NVQ Diploma is mainly assessed in the workplace. You will attend Farnborough College of Technology once a week (usually 16.30 – 21.15) to learn the underpinning knowledge and develop your skills.
The programme covers a range of hairdressing skills (more advanced and fashion related techniques) and salon duties and includes the following four components:
1. NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Level 3) - optional units to meet business needs
- Monitor procedure to safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
Optional Group 1:
- Colour Hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop & enhance hairdressing skills
Optional Group 2 (choose 1 unit):
- Support client service improvements
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
2. Functional Skills: English and Maths Level 2
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The training programme is intended for staff wanting to use their creative flair and progress their hairdressing skills. Apprentices must have previously completed an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing and be employed in a suitable local Hair Salon working a full column of clients. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.