*Physics A-Level at President Kennedy School
This course has been developed for students who wish to continue with a study of Physics after GCSE. All students will follow a Physics course for two years as an Advanced GCE. Such a course will prepare students to progress into higher education, to follow courses in Physics, Engineering, one of the other sciences or related subjects, or to enter employment where a knowledge of Physics would be useful.
The aims of this course are to encourage candidates to:
• develop their interest in and enthusiasm for Physics, including developing an interest in further study and careers in Physics
• appreciate how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society
• develop and demonstrate a deeper appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of How Science Works
• develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of Physics and how they relate to each other
• Working as a Physicist
• Electric Circuits
• Further Mechanics
• Electric and Magnetic Fields
• Waves and Particle Nature of Light
• Nuclear Radiation
• Gravitational Fields
• Nuclear and Particle Physics
Standard minimum entry requirement including Grade B in Additional Science or Physics in Higher Tier,
Grade B in GCSE Maths
• 3 extended written examinations
2 1 ½ hours and one of 2 ½ hours to cover the content and assess practical skills.
All examinations would be taken at the end of the 2 year course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact President Kennedy School directly.