Professional Patisserie and Confectionary City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma at Carshalton College
This qualification covers all the patisserie and confectionery skills and knowledge to show you've got what it takes for a successful career as a pastry chef.
Ideal for those looking to become professional pastry chefs, for those wanting to progress in their career, for individuals who enjoy this area of cookery as a hobby and for those employees looking to further their knowledge and skills in this area.
This level will suit those with some experience in pastry and confectionery.
- Investigate the Catering and Hospitaity Industry
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety in Catering and Hospitality
- Healthier Foods and Special Diets
- Catering operation, cost and menu planning
- Applying Workplace Skills
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Produce fermented dough products.
A minimum of Grade D in two or more GCSEs to include English, or you will have successfully completed a relevent Level 2 programme. You may also be asked to demonstrate your skills and commitment at interview.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways throughout the academic year, some of these will include:
- Practical assessment
- Portfolio building
Uniform and knife kit will be required - cost £190.
Please contact the College Information and Guidance Centre on 020 8544 4444 for more details.
This would be your first steps into employment and the Hospitality Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.