Beauty Therapy Level 3 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
As a society we are becoming more aware of the need to take better care of ourselves. As a result there is an increasing demand for professional therapists. Beauty therapists are concerned with improving people’s physical appearance and well being, either through offering treatments for the face and body to recommending special products. Attendance at College will be 3 days per week plus at least 8 hours per week home study. Achievement is measured by practical assessment written papers, and a high level of attendance.
- Body massage/stone massage
- Facial/body electrical
- Self tanning
Students must have the following:
- 3 GCSE’s at grade C or above including English
- Successful completion of Beauty Therapy level 2 to an overall merit standard or above
- Current college students should have completed their main qualification including Functional Skills or GCSE with an attendance above 88%
- Consistent good commitment, attendance, punctuality and reports from previous courses studied
- Satisfactory completion of interview
The course has been designed to follow a modular approach. Students have independent assessment written papers and practical assessment to support each relevant area of learning. This will be proof that students have mastered a particular aspect of the trade. The course involves group work, research and Task Based Learning.
Successful students can progress to Holistic Therapies by interview. Can also lead on to application for university for specialist Make-up design, Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management, Television and Theatre make up courses.
Typical employment prospects in the beauty industry will include: Beauty Therapist at a salon, self-employment, Cruise Ships, Health Spa’s.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.