Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma at Sydenham School - Sydenham and Forest Hill Sixth Form
This course covers Health, Social Care and Early Years.
Students will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of a variety of different careers, within the Health and Social Care sector as well as explore legislation, policy and practice within this sector. Students also participate in work experience in a health, social or early years setting which is a compulsory part of the course.
Students complete 8 or 13 assignments (dependent on whether they complete the Diploma or Extended Diploma) over the course of the two years.
- 1: Human Lifespan Development (exam)
- 2: Working in Health and Social Care (exam)
- 5: Meeting Individual Carte and Support Needs (portfolio)
- 10: Sociological Perspectives (portfolio) Extended Diploma only 3: Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care (exam)
- 11: Psychological Perspectives (portfolio)
- 4: Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care (portfolio)
- 6: Work Experience in Health and Social Care (portfolio)
- 7: Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care (portfolio)
- 8: Promoting Public Health (portfolio) Extended Diploma Only
- 14: Physiological Disorders and their Care 20: Understanding Mental Well-Being
- 16: policy in Health and Social Care
Grade 4 in GCSE English or a grade C in a Humanities subject. Merit/Distinction at Level 2
Minimum point score of 38 including Maths and English at grade 4 at GCSE. This is equivalent to 4B and 4C grades overall at GCSE. Students will also need to achieve the subject specific criteria below:
NEW GCSE POINT SCORE GCSE grade 2017 Points:
- G 1.00
- F 1.50
- E 2.00
- D 3.00
- C 4.00
- B 5.50
- A 7.00
- A* 8.50
Students are examined through a combination of externally sat written exams and written portfolios. All units must be completed and passed to achieve the full qualification. Only one resit is allowed per examined unit. Students are graded at either Pass, Merit or Distinction
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sydenham School - Sydenham and Forest Hill Sixth Form directly.