Fabrication and Welding Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you looking to gain practical experience of welding and fabrication work?
This course introduces you to the fundamental techniques of welding and fabrication.
The course is aimed at learners who are interested in following a career as a welder or welder/fabricator. The course is also useful as a foundation qualification for those wanting to join the armed forces.
At the Rhyl Campus, this course is taught as day release, one day per week.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
- Fabrication and Welding Level 2 (or equivalent)
- You must have a genuine interest in welding and fabrication
- There is an informal interview prior to the course
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
Completion of this course will give you the fundamental skills and knowledge to complete fabrication/welding work.
You could apply your learning to a range of industries including motor vehicle, sculpting, general maintenance.
The course will also prepare you for studying at a more advanced level.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Automotive Engineering Level 3, available at:
You could also proceed into higher education.
- Aeronautical Refinisher
- Body Repair Technician
- Motor Industry Manager
- Motor Vehicle Technician
- Motorcycle Technician
- Vehicle Refinisher
Programme code: 0401C03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.